Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - SG-1000 photo wanted

Reply to topic
SG-1000 photo wanted
Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:00 pm
I noticed that there are no photos with a free licence of the SG-1000 console on Wikipedia, which means that any photos used will eventually be deleted, and that most versions of Wikipedia lack such a photo.

If you own an SG-1000, would you be willing to take a photo of it, and relinquish most rights to that photo?
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:58 am
I'll try to do a proper one someday, but in the meanwhile you can use this - arguably bad - picture:
http://www.smspower.org/misc/sg1000-03.jpg

Anything taken in picture by me is granted authorization to be used on Wikipedia under whatever free license they require.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:17 pm
The annoying "4 octaves" PSG info on the SG-1000 (and Mark III, and SMS) Wikipedia pages annoyed me enough that I went and calculated the real frequency range of the PSG in those systems (10 octaves, actually 14 if you count "periodic noise" mode, not that all of them are well covered) and edited them. Yay for user-editable content, maybe in a few years it'll seep through to other sites...
Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:43 pm
Thank you very much, Bock. I took the liberty to remove the background (shoddy job, but I've got no Photoshop) and crop it. It is now uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, marked as public domain. If you feel that PD is too free a licence, tell me and I will change that, or you could do it yourself.
Matthew Boy
ok, but..
Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:35 am
Ok, but... and about SG-1000 II? Where can I find pictures? There are cartridges made specially for it? Why there is no emulator for this system? Is it a new system or it is a SG-1000 upgraded? Please, somebody tell me more about this unknown Sega videogame...

Re: ok, but..
Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:12 am
Matthew Boy wrote
Ok, but... and about SG-1000 II? Where can I find pictures? There are cartridges made specially for it? Why there is no emulator for this system? Is it a new system or it is a SG-1000 upgraded? Please, somebody tell me more about this unknown Sega videogame...
It was the same as the 1000, but with the (Japanese) expansion port and some cosmetic changes. The cosmetic may change whether or not a 'card catcher' will fit.
That last part is a guess.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!