Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - The Vines's April 2016 single "In Miracle Land"

Reply to topic
  • Site Admin
The Vines's April 2016 single "In Miracle Land"
Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:38 pm
April 2016
http://fasterlouder.junkee.com/the-vines-new-song-is-an-ode-to-the-best-sega-mas...

Enduring rockers The Vines have today surprised fans with the announcement of a new album, the release of a new song, and the announcement of the first ever solo acoustic performance from singer Craig Nicholls.

‘In Miracle Land’ is a chilled out, vintage psychedelic turn in the vein of ‘Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds’. The chorus (and title) tips the hat to Sega Master System classic Alex Kidd In Miracle World.

It’s the first taste of The Vines’ yet-to-be-titled seventh studio LP, slated for release later in 2016.

Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/thevines
Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:59 am
Last edited by TheAssassin on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Sounds like the chorus says "Alex The Kid In Miracle Land"?? Weird. Maybe copyrights are the reason they're saying it wrong.

I also don't understand the relevance of the chorus lyrics, seems kind of separate and unrelated to the verse lyrics. Like me saying "Billie Jean Is Not My Lover, She's Just a Girl That STREETS OF RAGE I Am The One". The mention of Alex Kidd just seems so random. But then I'm not familar with this band so I dunno, maybe all their song lyrics are somewhat nonsensical.
  • Site Admin
Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:24 am
I think the use of "Alex the Kid" suggests they didn't feel too bothered about getting it exactly right after the lyrics were already in place.
Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:22 pm
I've heard lots of people mistakenly say "Alex the Kid." Tune's pretty good... kind of like a lightweight Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!