Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Wavy lines on LCD when pushing buttons...

Reply to topic
Wavy lines on LCD when pushing buttons...
Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 am
So I found another GG that seems to work fine. Opened up shows me a VA1 board.

Anyway, while playing a game, I notice that there's some wavy lines on the screen while I push buttons. Kinda like when you press against an LCD screen with your finger.

Would the cap fix alleviate the problem? Is this normal? If not, and the cap fix won't help it, any other fix for it?
Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 am
That is a mechanical problem that you cannot solve so easily. You can try loosening up some screws but I doubt it will help much.
Basically what happens is that when you press a button then the case will press against LCD and causes these wavy lines to happen because of mechanical stress.
Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 pm
Well, after I said that, I put it back together (I had it splayed to clean up the screen), it kinda stopped. What I did was swap the casing from the VA4 case (earlier thread, dead screen) because the front screen had less scratches on it, and it seemed to almost disappear. The stress marks are still there, but it's not as noticeable as in the original case.

I may just dink around with it, since I may take it apart again and do some major cleaning on it. Thanks for the reply.
Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 am
Or maybe you're pushing the buttons too hard, hard enough to bend the casing and getting those distortions on the screen.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!