Forums

Sega Master System / Mark III / Game Gear
SG-1000 / SC-3000 / SF-7000 / OMV
Home - Forums - Games - Scans - Maps - Cheats - Credits
Music - Videos - Development - Hacks - Translations - Homebrew

View topic - Who do I send my Scans too?

Reply to topic
Who do I send my Scans too?
Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:16 am
Hi, I was cleaning through my collection today and noticed that the 2 copies I have of Indiana Jones had 2 different covers, I checked the scans section to see that in fact both my copies are different to the scans smspower have and Im wondering who I should send the scans to.

Thanks
Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:22 am
http://www.smspower.org/scans/submit.shtml :)
Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:48 pm
Speaking of that page....
# Then use the colour-correction tools to make the image on the screen look more like the original item. Don't aim for perfection, as different monitors will make the image look different anyway. If possible, check that you've got your monitor's gamma correction or colour matching set up correctly.
I think you guys might want to get rid of that.

I'd like to believe that most current scanners already get the correct colors out of the box, yet, on the other hand, monitors nowadays have different color configurations (warm, cold) that are sometimes activated by default without anybody noticing. In fact, I myself have seen somebody posting on the internet a drawing with a purplish hue that many people didn't get to see (they saw warmer colors instead).

If whoever makes the scan tries to match the intensity of the cover using a monitor with a different configuration than some other guy who is scanning the same thing, both are never going to get the same (or even similar) results.

Also,
# If there are any imperfections (holes, tears, stains) in the item you've scanned, and you can do a convincing job of "repairing" them in the scan, please do. If it looks like you've done it, don't.
I really suggest encouraging to document any of these changes, just in case the notion of "doing a convincing job" differs from one to another.

Also, one cover might have been "convincingly" done by fixing a broken one, and then somebody who could scan a brand new cover just might not bother, thinking the previous scan hasn't been patched in many places.
Reply to topic

Back to the top of this page

Back to SMS Power!